- Cwmbran, Torfaen, Wales
we are currently looking for Assembly Technician to join a busy team in a well-established client based in Cwmbran.
Our client is a busy manufacturing company and as such, they are looking to add new members of staff to their team.
Contract: Temporary (6 months contact - may extend)
Start Dates: ASAP
Shifts: 37.5hr week, 8.00am until 4.30pm Monday to Friday. With the following unpaid breaks 2x 15min breaks, and a half hour lunch break.
Your duties will include but not be subjected to:
- Lifting of heavy parts will be needed while conforming to moving and handling regulations.
- Individuals will be assembling small components into the product.
- Maintaining the assembly area keeping a tidy work area
- You will be working at a fast pace and with small parts
- Meet minimum production quotas
- Using various tools and materials to assemble the components into the product
- Final hand assembly and packaging for shipment
- Working independently to assemble the product and being apart of a wider team
- Reporting directly into the manufacturing manager
- Inspecting each assembled piece for damages, loose screws/bolts, etc
- Comply with all work instructions as determined by the guide you will be provided with
Experience / Skills required:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment is advantageous, as is soldering experience, but not essential.
- You will have a can-do attitude and be a really strong team player
- You will need your own transport due to the hours of work and due to where the company is situated.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is desirable
- Flexibility to work all rotating shifts
- You will have the opportunity to work and gain experience within a global company with a fantastic reputation
- Long term contract opportunities
Successful candidates will be a pro-active team worker, liaising and co-operating with all members of staff. Operate within the confines of company policy and procedure requirements, including integrity and confidentiality in respect of the business. Abide by health and safety legislation in respect of yourself and others.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Salary: £15.50 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future