- Newton Abbot, Devon, England
- Temp to perm,
Heathfield, Newton Abbot
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
Temporary to Permanent Opportunity
We are working in partnership with a highly reputable and welcoming company based in Newton Abbot, who are currently recruiting for a number of Production Operatives for immediate starts.
This is an opportunity to join a company who are leading experts in the conversion of wheelchair accessible vehicles. They supply throughout the UK and due to continued demand of their product, they are looking to expand their assembly team. You will be joining a friendly and supportive team, working closely with your colleagues to complete a build to the highest standard.
If you have skills within the trade industry, manufacturing, production, fabrication, assembly, or just have an interest in your spare time using power tools, then we want to hear from you!
As a Vehicle Production Operative your duties will include:
- The Insulation and ply lining of vehicles
- Fitting and assembly of seats and tail lifts
- Fitting of window glass and roof lights
- Installation and fitting of varying types of floor coverings
- Performing assembly operations by following work instructions
- Working in a safe manner as instructed either by the section team leader or supervisor or following written work instruction where relevant
- Ensuring the work area is clean and tidy and maintained as such, on a daily basis
Vehicle Production Operative responsibilities:
- A strong willingness to learn
- Keen eye for detail and an interest to assist with production
- Competent in the use of hand tools, measuring and working from technical drawings
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong Mechanical knowledge and previous experience of working within a factory environment (desirable but not essential)
- An understanding of vehicle electrics (desirable but not essential)
- You will ideally hold a Full UK / EU driving licence but this is not essential
Vehicle Production Operative benefits:
- On-site parking
- Modern manufacturing facility with on-site canteen area
- Joining a supportive team
- Long term, progressional career opportunities
Working Hours & Pay:
- 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Overtime paid at x1.5 after 40 hours
Key skills; assembly, fabrication, PCB, carpentry, 2nd-fix, sub-assembly, wiring, manufacturing, welding, labouring, plumbing, electrician, mechanic
Successful candidates will be pro-active team workers, liaising and co-operating with all members of staff. Operate within the confines of company policy and procedure requirements, including integrity and confidentiality in respect of the business. Abide by health and safety legislation in respect of yourself and others.
Does this sound like the job for you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Click APPLY to upload your CV and one of our friendly team will be in contact.
gap personnel is operating as a recruitment business.
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business.gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future