- Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
We are currently recruiting for a permanent role- Reach Driver based in Pontyclun
Shifts: 37 hours per week – NIGHTS ONLY
To ensure the safe movement of components, raw materials and finished goods at appropriate stages of the production process.
Essential Job Functions/ Responsibilities
· Loading / Offloading vehicles
· Identification and verification of items delivered;
· Recording of delivery;
· Movement of stock to appropriate storage locations (Raw materials, Components, Finished goods, consumables etc.);
· Transfer of stock to and from storage and place of use to assure continuity of the factory operation;
· To record all physical stock movements into the factory ERP system;
· Maintain accurate stock control complying at all times with stock movement procedures;
· Investigation, reporting and resolution of stock discrepancies;
· Undertake all operations relating to the transfer of stock through the factory from Reception through to Dispatch;
· Operate various pallet handling machinery including pallet trucks, reach trucks, pallet wrappers etc.;
· Movement of other items/equipment as required;
· Follow all relevant safety and housekeeping procedures to ensure that the highest level of cleanliness and safety is maintained at all times;
· Ensuring at all times adherence to the requirements of the COSHH regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices;
· Lift drums/sacks weighing up to 25kgs – (lifting aids provided where possible).
· Manual filling of powder vessels for production centres.
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
· A current Reach Truck licence;
· Experience of working in a production environment;
· A good general standard of education;
· A good understanding and attitude towards health and safety and housekeeping;
· A good understanding and attitude towards Quality
· A flexible attitude and willingness to work shifts.
· IT literate
Qualifications and Experience – Desirable
· GCSE Mathematics and English grades A*-E (or equivalent);
· Experience of working in a FMCG cosmetics or pharmaceutical environment.
· Knowledge of Sage X3 software system;
· Experience of Good Manufacturing Practice.;
Essential Skill Requirements
· Will use initiative;
· A positive attitude towards continuous improvement;
· Good communication skills;
· Works well within a team;
· Ability to lift containers up to 25kg in weight (with the assistance of lifting aids where possible)
Other Skills/Abilities - Desirable
· Problem-solving ability
Successful candidates will be a pro-active team worker, liaising and co-operating with all members of staff. Operate within the confines of company policy and procedure requirements, including integrity and confidentiality in respect of the business. Abide by health and safety legislation in respect of yourself and others.
Sound like the job for you? Click APPLY to upload your CV and one of our friendly team will be in contact.
We are acting as an employment agency.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,192.00 per year
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future