Relevant National Minimum Wage initially, going up to £20,000 p/a upon completion of probation
Posted: 11 July 2022
Expires: 09 October 2022
Type of employment: Permanent
Location: Bell Meadow Business Park, Chester
Salary: Relevant National Minimum Wage initially, going up to £20,000 p/a upon completion of probation
Expected hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Closing date: 18th July 2022
Are you looking to take your first step into a career in HR administration?
Are you looking for the next exciting step in your career where you can work in a busy HR Department as part of a supportive team?
gap personnel have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HR Administrator to join our People Team based in our Head Office in Chester. You will work full-time on a hybrid basis with a mixture of office and home working once fully trained. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of £20,000 per annum.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays
- Your birthday off to celebrate
- Access to a range of health & wellbeing initiatives to help you balance work, family, and personal life including counselling and wellbeing services.
- Annual Personal Development and Wellbeing Allowance
- A fantastic working environment, working with colleagues that are passionate about the job they do and company they work for.
- Free outside parking
As part of the training plan linked to this role, you will be required to complete an Apprenticeship programme, you will secure the skills, knowledge, and behaviours required to become an integral part of our People Team, providing an efficient, effective and proactive HR administration service to managers, colleagues and external customers.
The qualification to be gained within this role will involve a Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship which will be provided by Cheshire College.
The position will involve supporting with all aspects of the employee life cycle, so you'll get a great grounding in HR. There will also be opportunities to support with project work that will offer you further development.
Key responsibilities of our HR Administrator will include:
- Acting as a first point of contact for the People Team
- Providing a professional response to phone and HR inbox queries, escalating as appropriate
- Co-ordinating and maintaining a wide variety of administrative processes, including the processing of starters and leavers for the monthly salaried payroll run, training diaries, booking hotels, maintaining people systems & databases
- Identifying opportunities to continually, improving internal efficiencies and the customer experience
- Collating and accurately recording information to enable meaningful People data reporting, in line with internal compliance standards
- Undertaking any other duties or projects as required
Skill and experience we are looking for in our HR Administrator:
- GCSE in Mathematics and English Language (Grade 4-9 or equivalent).
- Knowledge of IT packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Ability to build strong, trust-based relationships
- Excellent customer focus and service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a confident telephone manner
- Ability to communicate with people on all level with a friendly and professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines whilst producing high quality, accurate work, with utmost attention to detail
- An organised, committed, and self-motivated person
If you match the skills and experience to become our HR Administrator, please send your CV with a covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: by close of business on Monday 18th July 2022. gap personnel invites applications from all members of the community, irrespective of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion/belief, disability, gender reassignment, or pregnancy/maternity